Guerrilla Feminist Focus: Rocky Rivera
Welcome to our weekly column, Guerrilla Feminist Focus, where we feature one badass Guerrilla Feminist!
[Photo credit: Vivian Chen]
Name: Rocky Rivera
Location: Oakland via San Francisco
2. What are you passionate about? Why?
I’m passionate about many things, but social justice is my main focus. Intersectional feminism is the ideology I am most known for, but I also challenge police brutality and anti-black sentiment in the Asian-American community. That being said, I still have a ways to go when it comes to understanding other issues that oppressed people face and I am constantly learning how to be a better ally.
3. What activist efforts are you involved in? What causes do you support?
4. What do you like most about doing activist work on social media platforms? Why?
5. What or who inspires you?
6. Since activist burnout is a very real thing, how do you practice self-care?
7. Do you have any advice for those wanting to engage in activism (either online or offline)?
8. Where can people follow you online?